The mission of the Children’s Ministry is to serve our families and children. We provide support and tools for parents to lay a strong spiritual and Biblical foundation for their children. We encourage our children to develop a love for God, a love for the Church, and a desire to come to know Jesus and live a life for Him! If you have any questions, contact Missy Ashmore.
STKids is made up of 80 children from birth through 5th grade and their families. In our efforts to provide support for our families to disciple their own children, we offer parents, grandparents, and children opportunities to learn about Jesus Christ, use their gifts to serve God, and find ways to be involved in the Kingdom.
● Bible Class: Bible Classes are offered for birth through 5th grade on Sunday mornings. We want our children to know that the Bible is one story about God’s Love for mankind and His plan for redemption. We work hard to provide engaging lessons to teach the Bible and provide connections for how these stories relate to our Savior, Jesus Christ.
66 Club: Program is designed to instill in the youth of our congregation basic Bible knowledge that will give them a solid orientation to the Scriptures and promote a Biblical center. A child becomes a member by being able to recite the 66 books of the Bible. Membership is designed for elementary aged children (Grades 1-5) and each successive year children will be afforded opportunities to develop additional knowledge by working through levels as indicated below. Club levels are not tied to grade levels and children can move through them as they are able and are designed to be completed in order.
- Red Level: Names of twelve apostles & memorize (Matt 4:4)
- Orange Level: Seven days of creation & memorize (Luke 10:27)
- Yellow Level: The seven “I Am” statements of Christ. (John 6:48, 8:12, 10:7, 10:11, 11:25, 14:6, 15:1) & The Fruit of the Spirit (Gal.5:22-23)
- Green Level: Memorize (Isaiah 40:30-31, Prov 3:5-6) & 12 sons of Jacob
- Blue Level: Memorize (Gal 2:20, Micah 6:8) & divisions of OT/NT
- Purple Level: Memorize (Matt 28:19-20, Hebrews 12:1-2) & Ten Commandents
- Diamond Level: Memorize (John 3:16, Psalm 23) & The Lord’s Prayer
● Leadership Training for Christ (LTC): LTC is an annual leadership training program that prepares children from 3rd-12th grade for service and leadership in the Kingdom. It is a wonderful way to disciple your own children and/or other children in the congregation by encouraging and training them in Bible knowledge, Christian service, and other life skills. The convention is held in Dallas the Friday and Saturday of Easter weekend.
● Worship and Engagement & Nursery: At Shawnee Trail we encourage families to attend and worship together during Sunday morning services. Children learn that this time is to glorify God by learning how to worship Him. Materials are available each Sunday for children to encourage worship engagement, and support the process of learning to worship God. Our youngest children (0-3 years) may attend a staffed nursery during each worship service.
● Service Projects & Special Events: Children in the Children’s Ministry will have opportunities for service projects. We will serve our church, our local community, and needs around the world. We also enjoy special fun events for church fellowship and community outreach like Trunk or Treat, a Christmas Party, an Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School and Summer Camps, Critters and Cones, and others.